Tuesday, July 24, 2012

3-2-1- cake

Good evening all! Who doesn't love cake? And who wouldn't want cake at the snap of your fingers? I got this recipe off of pinterest and I was a bit dubious. Blend together 2 cake mixes and some water and then toss it in the microwave? Are you sure? Usually this ends badly, I remember putting marshmallows in the microwave and although they puffed up nicely, they always were rock hard when they deflated. So I was imagining a brick of a "cake" that tasted awful and probably would require a chisel to remove from the mug. But instead, here is what I got!
Here is the original link to the recipe:
http://www.repinly.com/pin.aspx?pid=3472&p=1&by=repins&t=&cat=DIY%20%26%20Crafts&rnk=1

Ingredients for mix:
1 box Angel food cake
1 box any other flavor cake (I chose triple chocolate Duncan Hines)

One cake mix MUST be Angel food cake, but the other can be any flavor you like!

Put the 2 cake mixes together in a tupperware container and shake vigorously to mix
Label the top with tape and a sharpie to say: 3 TBS mix + 2 TBS water + 1 minute in the microwave

Then place 3 TBS of the mix in a mug

Add 2 TBS of water and mix thoroughly


Place mug in the microwave for 1 minute

Enjoy the cake!

Now if you're expecting a perfect cake this is not it, but its easy and not terrible for you and just the right size for single serving. I found that adding 1 TBS of  coconut to the cake mix was DELICIOUS! I also tried adding more chocolate chips, but they all fell to the bottom so it turned out more like a black-bottom. But you could easily dress this up enough to serve to guests and its so darn fast!
Hope you try it and let me know what you think!
Happy Eating!


2 comments: